Updated: Jan 25
1. Ground Turmeric is an excellent source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals and other environmental toxins. It can be used to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. To get the most out of turmeric, try boiling 3-4 teaspoons of ground turmeric in water for 15 minutes and then drinking this mixture as a tea. You can also add it to smoothies or juices, curries, soups, or marinades to give your dishes an extra kick of flavor.
2. Fresh Turmeric is the best way to use it. Although it is harder to find at grocery stores, if you can find it, use a dedicated manual juicer to squeeze its' essence and juices out of it. Make sure to wash the turmeric root, use the pulp the same way you would use ground turmeric and refrigerate or freeze the remainder for your next use. Watch this video on how farmers turn turmeric root into turmeric powder!
3. Turmeric may provide relief from joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. To make an easy topical treatment, combine one tablespoon of ground turmeric with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply the mixture directly onto the affected area – relief should be felt within minutes! Drinking Turmeric is also a great way to get access to it's anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is one of the leading causes of disease so definitely eat it to start healing whatever ails you.
3. Well hello there gorgeous! When used as a facial mask, turmeric has antibacterial and anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce acne and improve skin tone. Mix together 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric with 1/4 cup of sugar-free Greek yogurt or honey, apply it to your face for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water – you’ll have smooth and glowing skin in no time! Here's a s tip for the post mask regimen. Wash your sink immediately following your glowing skin reveal, use a wash cloth you don't care about staining and wear dark colored clothing. Wiping your skin with a light oil can remove any leftover color from the mask but leaving it on before going into the sun can be great for your skin.
4. People looking for natural ways to whiten their teeth might consider giving turmeric a try – its antiseptic properties can help remove stains from teeth while also providing protection against bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath. Simply mix together equal parts baking soda and ground turmeric into a paste and brush your teeth with it twice a week for whiter teeth in no time!
5. For those looking for natural digestive support, add some turmeric to your diet! Research suggests that its active components might help stimulate digestion and reduce bloating when consumed regularly. Try adding ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric to your daily meals – it will not only make them more flavorful but also easier on the stomach! your overall resolution all at once, break it down into smaller steps. This will make it easier to focus on short-term accomplishments and build up momentum over time as you get closer to achieving your final goal. I recommend using fresh turmeric everytime, but if have to use ground turmeric, use organic! You have more assurance that your organic turmeric is free of additives and food dyes.
Thanks for reading and be sure to share your experience with turmeric!